Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Talitha's 2nd Birthday

So Talitha turned 2 on July 31st and it's been incredible how she has changed. She can say sentences like "Mommy I like the cookie" or "I see a scaryman" or "I go swimming please" so many phrases and words sometimes I don't even know she knows. The other day I was calling her and she said "Wait mommy I'm busy!" I wasn't sure she even knew what the word busy meant but she was using it correctly as she continued to sweep the floor. She is very sweet, and very smart. She loves the pool and loves elephants so we thought we'd do an elephant theme.

My sister in law made two awesome cookie bouquets of rice crisy and sugar cookie elephants. She even ordered an elephant cookie cutter for the occasion. It was beautiful. The cake was a brownie cake with an elephant on top and these little brownie mini cakes on each table with and elephant.

It was a little gathering at our pool clubhouse and it was perfect. The food was great thanks to Tavo and we had a little slideshow and game. The game was pretty funny because we video taped Talitha saying things and people had to write down what they thought she said. It was like a gift of tongues game to see who really can understand her. It was fun the kids had fun in the pool the weather was great we couldn't have asked for more. Here's some more pics from the party.

3 comments:

Rebecka said...

I LOVE that game idea! What a great idea! We just had the missionaries over the other day and we thought Danny was talking perfectly clear, but they had no idea what he was saying. Anyway, happy birthday Talitha!

The Youngs said...

Cute party! I can't believe she's two. They grow way too fast!

The Tate Family said...

Cute idea! I am way impressed! How cute is she...I can't believe how big she has gotten!