Saturday, November 8, 2008

So a lot of time has past since I last posted a blog...if you didn't guess I was busy getting used to having two little girls. Life has been good with its normal ups and downs and I think I'm getting it down. So the latest with us.....
My cousin Jacob had his farewell. He got called to serve in Guatemala and reported this past wednesday. I took the two girls by myself cause Tavo was helping with a baby blessing and I didn't want Talitha screaming and running around. Things were okay until right when my cousin was about to give his speech. Talitha started to get restless and Cumorah was getting hungry so I actually missed the whole thing. So I was basically there for the love and support....but I heard it went well. I was so happy for him and his decision to serve the Lord.


Talitha was little red ridding hood for halloween. I decided on that because it was one of the only costumes that didn't have too many accessories that she would possibly rip off. It also seemed easy enough that I could probably sew it instead of having to buy a costume. So things worked out great and she was really cute! We took her to our ward trunk or treat and she had a lot of fun. We even decorated our trunk and passed out candy. That night my brothers and sister in law came over and rocked it out with World Tour (it's like rock band) and Scene it. It was a really fun night.

My sister-in-laws sister got baptized. It was a really special time because she has been waiting for so long. She was introduced to the church when Justin and Shawna were dating in high school. She accompanied Shawna while she was investigating. Her parents told her that if she wanted to get baptized she would have to wait till she was 18. She attended seminary for 4 years as a non-member and graduated!! She has truly been an example of endurance and perserverance. It was a really special program and we were so happy to be apart of her special day!

4 comments:

Darth Mama said...

Wow, you have been busy! I didn't know you sewed Taliha's outfit! Loved it.

Amalie said...

I love the red riding hood costume, very cute! that is so wonderful that shawna's sister was able to be baptized!

Rebecka said...

What an amazing conversion story. That's so awesome that she graduated from seminary. That require such faith and committment. Good for her! Talitha looked so cute as little Red Riding Hood. What a creative idea. Good job!

The Tate Family said...

Wow, Andrea, isn't that always the case with church...but, Talitha looks so big! She is so cute! I am so happy for you guys! Oregon is going great up here! We are really happy and crazy!