Friday, December 12, 2008

Christmas Party lock in!

So I hope my friend Savannah reads this blog....so Saturday night we had our ward christmas party which was pretty fun and Talitha had been with Tavo's family all day so when they dropped her off to the christmas party we just threw her car seat in the car and were planning on buckling it in later when we were ready to go. So we were helping clean up and we started loading the girls in the car. Tavo was buckling in Talitha's seat and I was snapping in Cumorahs seat and Talitha was sitting on the passenger seat waiting for us to finish. I threw the car keys on the driver's seat for Tavo, closed the left passenger door, and came around the car to get Talitha and strap her in. Tavo closed the right passenger door and came around to sit in the driver's seat and turn on the car. Right as we crossed paths in the back of the car Talitha had hopped over the arm rest in the car, grabbed the car keys and pressed the lock button. We both heard the car lock and looked at each other like "who did that?" We immediately figured out that Talitha had just locked herself, Cumorah and the car keys in the car. Talitha looked at us from inside the car like "Why did you do that?" started crying and pounding on the glass screaming "mama." Our friend Noelle was close by and rushed me home to get the car keys and Tavo stayed by the girls trying to coach Talitha into pressing the unlock button on the door. He said she got really close but kept getting frustrated and going back to pounding on the glass. When I got back to the car and unlocked it both the girls had been screaming for about 15 minutes and Talitha jumped into Tavo's arms all sweaty and wet from crying and I grabbed Cumorah. We all held each other and everything was better.....so moral of the story try hold your keys in your pocket next time!

5 comments:

Amalie said...

hey Andria don't feel too bad. when Kanoa was two I went to throw away the trash in the trash bin and Kanoa locked me out of the house! Not only that but I was boiling eggs so the eggs actually blew up when I was trying to get Kanoa to unlock the door. He didn't care that I was outside until the big boom came from the kitchen! I had to ask the neighbors to use their phone to call Nick and Kanoa cried for me until Nick got home. oops!

The Tate Family said...

I obviously feel for you! HILARIOUS! Isn't that just the most panic feeling? Even worse that your little baby was in the car! I'm glad you figured it out and got them out of there fast! Too funny!

Itsy bitsy teeny weeny said...

Where has time gone?You guys have 2 beautiful girls!I'm so glad to find your family..Merry Xmas and Happy New Year from the Tongaofas!

Jen said...

Oh my gosh! That would have given me a panic attack! I am so glad you were able to get your keys so quick. Oh....wow. Merry Christmas!

BETS & VETS said...

Something similar happened to us, glad everything worked out- you've got beautiful girls!