Sunday, July 18, 2010

Baptism....

Yesterday was the baptism of a friend of ours named Dorothy Jones. So about a month ago I planned a mission flood for our area. The missionaries and I prayed about the area to tract and about 15 Elders and 9 members showed up and we split up and knocked every door and every street in a concentrated section. I was praying that I would find a "golden" investigator....but alas my husband found her. He taught her with the Elders and she started to attend church the next day. Well seven weeks later this amazing woman is baptized! She is so amazing because everything she does is governed by prayer and that is how she continued coming for so many weeks because from week to week, commitment to commitment she was praying and asking the Lord what she should do. It has been the biggest blessing for our family to be constantly helping the missionaries. I was recently asked to help "train" new sisters that white washed our area and it was amazing to do it all over again....be a missionary that is.

1 comment:

Lele said...

That's awesome Andria! You and Tavo were always such spiritual giants! LOVE IT!! Keep up the Lord's work girl!