Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Birthday....

My birthday was really so special this year. About 1 year ago almost to the date one of my childhood friends was baptized. The story is really quite incredible. Well it is to me anyway. So this girl Gina I have known since the 7th grade. My other friend Noelle has also been my friend since 7th grade. We've all been friends for quite a long time. So anyways through the years I have always kept in touch with this girl Gina. It seems like no big thing but for me it really is because I didn't go to the same high school as her and I haven't kept in touch with anyone that I knew in 7th grade. So every year even when I was in college I tried to see her at least once when I was at home. It was always cool and she ended up marrying a boy that went to high school with me. So Noelle and I have always wanted this girl to have the gospel. We used to talk about it pretty often how we should try to fellowship her and bring her to church. After I got off my mission I tried to tell her about it and gave her the "Together Forever" video. Well we all got married and started having kids and still kept in touch. Noelle and Gina's sons are the same age so they play a lot and Gina lives near my parents so I see her fairly often. Then in summer 2007 Noelle and I went to a church function and spoke again in the parking lot about Gina. Long story short everything fell into place and she and her husband accepted the gospel and were baptized. So on my birthday this year they blessed their 3rd son and her husband did the blessing which was the coolest part! After church they came over for lunch and we ate and talked story...it was a really special birthday for me. Even though I had a fat homework assignment due the next day I was able to finish it and Tavo took me to Top of Waikiki. It's a revolving restaurant with really good food. The bread was amazing and the steak was super 'ono. We walked around waikiki, checked out some stores and enjoyed ourselves. We had a really nice time and watched a movie after. The girls slept at my mom's house and we got to actually rest and not have to worry about them for one night. It was very fun!

No comments: