Saturday, November 20, 2010

Piano Recital

My piano recital went great tonight! One skill that I have improved on since starting a piano business is scheduling!! Kids these days are so involved in extra-curricular activities that it's hard for find a day, time, and place that everyone can attend.

Luckily, I used our chapel which made it 1) free!! & 2) right across from the stake center so we could watch the cultural celebration right after *it was so awesome!! Good job mom*

Luckily, my mom bought all of Crichton's decorations for his wedding and I've been using them for every event I have...lol! No, really I have (choir concert, ward international night, room curtains, piano recital, etc). As long as it's a different crowd I'm safe . So the recital looked splenderifous with out a lot of effort.

I have 3 new students and they did great. I was particularly proud of one of my students who is 39, around there, and just started piano. She played a duet with her son and one solo piece. That takes a lot of courage to be the only adult playing. Another student of mine played a duet with me called C.S. Variations. We actually get to cross over each others hands during the piece AND switch seats in the middle. It was a hit!! My most advanced student played "Claire de Lune" and I'm still so amazed that she memorized 6 pages!

There were new student awards, most minutes practiced, and most improved awards. We ended with a light reception. It was simple but everyone enjoyed themselves. I started my own website for my students...but if anyone wants some quick music theory lessons...or wants to play a fun online music game check it out: Musiclessonshawaii.com




(A little gift from one of the kids:)

Location:Mililani

1 comment:

mary said...

what an awesome skill for a mom to have! you go girl! sounded like it was a huge success!

thanks for the sweet comment! no worries girl - i just thought maybe i'd sent it to the wrong addy. love keeping up with your family!